- ‘The Rise of Modern Stoicism’, UCL Summer School in Ancient Philosophy, University College London, London, 17 July 2018
- ‘Self or Cosmos: Foucault versus Hadot’, Reinventing Philosophy as a Way of Life III, Monash University Prato Centre, Prato, Italy, 2-3 July 2018
- ‘Philosophical Lives in the History of Philosophy: A Case-Study for Philosophy as a Way of Life’, invited keynote talk at Art of Living / Art of Dying: Philosophical and Literary Perspectives, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Lisbon, 21-22 June 2018.
- ‘Philosophical Lives in the Renaissance’, invited talk at Liberty, Irreverence, and the Place of Women in Early-Modern Italian Culture: A one-day Symposium in Honour of Letizia Panizza, Institute of Modern Languages, University of London, 11 May 2018.
- ‘Silent Sages and Vomiting Students: Epictetus on Habituation’, invited keynote talk at the British Society for the History of Philosophy conference, University of Durham, 12-14 April 2018.
- 'Popular Stoicism in the Twenty-First Century', keynote talk at A Contested Influence: Hellenistic Philosophy and Modern Thought from Nietzsche to Nussbaum, Nijmegen, 17-18 January 2018
- 'Marcus Aurelius on Phantasia', Institute of Classical Studies Ancient Philosophy Seminar, London, 15 January 2018
- ‘Pomponazzi’s Ethics and the Aristotelian Choice of Lives’, University of Padua, Aristotle in the Venetian and European Renaissance Workshop, 12-15 December, 2017.
- ‘Self-Knowledge and Living Harmoniously with Nature in Cicero’s De Officiis’, University of Utrecht, Stoic Self-Knowledge and Cosmopolitanism Workshop, Friday 3 November 2017.
- ‘Indifference and Affirmation: Michel Foucault on Stoic Fate and Providence’, University of Warwick, Post-Kantian European Philosophy Seminar, Tuesday 17 October 2017.
- ‘What was Hellenistic Philosophy?’, Philosophy in its Beginnings: On the Conceptualisation, Criticism, and Justification of Philosophy in Antiquity, keynote speaker, Humboldt-University, Berlin, July 2017
- ‘Rethinking Philosophy as a Way of Life’, Reinventing Philosophy as a Way of Life II, Monash University Prato Centre, Prato, Italy, July 2017
- ‘Marcus Aurelius on phantasia’, University of Paris ancient philosophy seminar, Paris, May 2017
- ‘The Stoic Tradition’, keynote speaker for The Stoic Tradition, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, March 2017
- ‘Preparing for the Worst: Stoics against Hope’, The Theological Virtues in Critical Perspective, University of Essex, February 2017
- ‘Reply to Christopher Gill’, Virtues of Greatness: Approaches to the Past and Present of Magnanimity, University of Birmingham, January 2017
- ‘What is Philosophy as a Way of Life?’, keynote speaker, Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy Annual Conference, Deakin University, Melbourne, December 2016